The cost of facial plastic surgery typically weighs high in the decision-making process to get a facelift, rhinoplasty, or botox. While cost is certainly an important factor, there are other issues to consider before committing to plastic surgery as well. For example, your overall health, the estimated recovery time, and the ability and expertise of your facial plastic surgeon are all high-priority factors. Make sure you’re ready to make a big but beneficial investment toward improving your appearance.
Seven National Averages of Facial Plastic Surgery Cost Per Procedure
There’s no slowing down when it comes to plastic surgery procedures in America. In fact, there has been a 132% increase in procedures between 2000 and 2016!
If you’ve been considering facial plastic surgery, chances are you’ve looked into the fees involved. It’s important to note that the national average cost of different facial plastic surgery procedures can differ depending on several factors. The fees for facial procedures are often determined by:
- Regional location
- Skillset and experience of the surgeon
- Level of procedure involvement/difficulty
Take a look at the national average facial plastic surgery cost for some of the most common types of cosmetic surgery procedures performed in 2016/2017:
- Nose Reshaping / Rhinoplasty — $5,000
- Eyelid Surgery — $3,022
- Facelift — $7,048
- Botox — $385 per/full treatment
- Soft Tissue Filler — $644 per/full treatment
- Facial resurfacing chemical peel — $673
- Microdermabrasion — $138
Again, the prices listed above are averages, and facial plastic surgery costs can fluctuate depending on where you go for treatment. Also, the cost certainly isn’t the only factor you should consider before scheduling a procedure. Let’s take a closer look at how a plastic surgeon’s level of expertise can make all the difference.
Examining Plastic Surgery Cost Relative to Experience
Most people would not consult an automotive technician to perform brain surgery. Likewise, you should not choose a less-than-qualified plastic surgeon to operate on you.
An educated and experienced facial plastic surgeon will always answer your questions regarding his or her background. And, you should always ask.
Dr. Jon Chadwell offers a transparent view of his educational and training portfolio, which can be accessed directly on his website. While exclusively educated and trained in plastic surgery targeted to the face and neck areas, here are some additional highlights to note:
- Attended undergraduate years at Ohio University, Athens, OH
- Attended medical school at University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Held an internship at The University Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, Department of Surgery
- Completed his residency at The University Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Completed his fellowship at the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship
- Board certified with the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Board certified with the American Board of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
Prior to any facial plastic surgery procedure, Dr. Chadwell makes sure to conduct a full consultation with his patients. During your consultation, you will have the opportunity to ask the important questions on your mind, such as:
- Do I have any health conditions that would inhibit me from being a candidate for facial plastic surgery?
- How long is the recovery process for the procedure I’m considering?
- Can before and after photos of my face surgery be made for me?
- With what frequency do you practice the facial plastic surgery procedure I’m
- Are there any side effects that I need to be aware of prior to surgery?
At this time, Dr. Chadwell will also go over the fees associated with the particular procedure you are considering.
If you’ve been investigating facial plastic surgery costs and other essential parameters, Chadwell Facial Plastic Surgery can give you the information you need to move forward with a decision.
The first step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Chadwell. In addition to asking questions, you’ll need to provide him with your medical history and current health status. Typically, individuals who are in overall good health, do not smoke, and have realistic expectations about the results of their surgery are suitable candidates.
In addition to the surgical and nonsurgical options available, Dr. Chadwell also performs corrective and reconstructive facial plastic procedures, which include:
- Mole removal
- Facial reconstruction
- Nasal reconstruction
- Skin cancer reconstruction
- Scalp reconstruction
- Lip reconstruction
- Scar reconstruction
- Rhinophyma repair
In addition to Dr. Chadwell’s extensive experience in performing facial plastic surgery procedures, he and the entire Chadwell team are committed to keeping our patients safe and satisfied. We strive to make our patients as comfortable as possible. And, when you schedule surgery with us, we’ll give you the resources you need for a rapid and effective recovery.
Many facial plastic surgery procedures offer patients long-lasting results and restore their confidence in their appearance. So what are you waiting for?
To get started, contact us to set up your facial plastic surgery consultation. Or, call our office anytime at (574) 280-4818.
Successful facial plastic surgery is ultimately achieved through good rapport with our patients.
Refining your face is a dramatic personal decision. As you explore your options, know that the staff at Chadwell Facial Plastic Surgery will guide you through your decision-making process. To us, the cosmetic process is more than just “surgery”. Each patient has different shapes, features, contours, and personal goals. We consider shadowing, proportion, depth, and perspective to combine medicine with artistry and ultimately achieve your new look.
Connect Socially With Us