Five Popular Procedures in Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Many people are curious about the most common types of cosmetic surgery, particularly when it comes to facial cosmetic surgery. Of all the facial plastic surgery procedures available to improve, enhance and achieve desirable results, which surgeries are most coveted? Not only can we help unveil the answer to this question, but we can also delve into why facial cosmetic surgery is on the rise and where you can go to receive safe, effective, amazing results to meet your personal face-improvement goals.
We’ve Nosed in on the Hierarchy of Facial Cosmetic Surgery Rankings
All puns aside, it’s really no surprise to see that the following facial cosmetic surgery procedures are among the top five. After all, the advent and popularity of selfies have a legitimate bearing on self-appraisal and the desire for improvement. Check out the following 2016 findings from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons:
- Rhinoplasty is the most highly sought after facial cosmetic surgery option, with 218,924 Americans electing to correct/alter the shape of their nose
- Eyelid Surgery comes in second with 209,571 procedures
- The Traditional Facelift comes in third with 125,697 procedures
- The Mini Facelift follows behind in fourth at 96,438 procedures
- Last is Ear Surgery with 23,433 procedures
If you’ve been considering one of the top five facial cosmetic surgeries above but are unsure if you’re a candidate for that particular procedure, we can help. Let’s take a look at what it takes to qualify for rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, a traditional facelift, mini facelift and ear surgery.
Do You Qualify for the Top Five?
The best way to know for sure if you qualify for one of the top facial cosmetic surgeries listed is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Jon Chadwell. Dr. Chadwell is not only the preferred choice for Elkhart facial cosmetic surgery patients, but he also has extensive education, experience and skills specifically catered to the face and neck areas. Here is a general description of who may be the best candidates for the top five facial cosmetic procedures:
- Improves a nose that’s disproportionate to the rest of the face, with characteristics such as an odd-sized width to the bridge of the nose; humps, bumps and depressions on the nose-bridge; issues associated with the nostrils or nasal tip; problems breathing.
- Eyelid Surgery
- Corrects vision problems resulting from drooping eyelids; reduces puffiness and bags around the eyes; eradicates fatty deposits and/or excess skin around the eyes.
- Traditional Facelift
- Significantly helps overall signs of aging in the face and neck; improves loose and sagging skin of the middle and lower portions of the face and jowls, and displaced fat in the middle and lower portions of the face.
- Mini Facelift
- A less invasive version of a traditional facelift that focuses more on loose and sagging skin of the lower portions (two-thirds) of the face.
- Ear Surgery
- Changes and corrects the symmetry, shape and size of the ears.
If you’re ready to move forward with a consultation for any of the facial cosmetic surgery procedures outlined above, or have been seeking “facial plastic surgeons near me” only to come up empty-handed, our friendly, professional and knowledgeable Chadwell Facial Plastic Surgery team would love to help you! Give us a call now at 574-318-3892.
Successful facial plastic surgery is ultimately achieved through good rapport with our patients.
Refining your face is a dramatic personal decision. As you explore your options, know that the staff at Chadwell Facial Plastic Surgery will guide you through your decision-making process. To us, the cosmetic process is more than just “surgery”. Each patient has different shapes, features, contours, and personal goals. We consider shadowing, proportion, depth, and perspective to combine medicine with artistry and ultimately achieve your new look.
Connect Socially With Us