BodyFX, Laser Treatment and Creams: What Works Best to Rid Cellulite?
Cellulite—it’s a common, annoying and difficult condition to contend with. It’s so common, in fact, that it affects around 80 to 90 percent of women. Even highly fit and healthy men and women experience cellulite. Although it is tough to eliminate, there are solutions, such as BodyFX™, laser treatment and various topical creams. Can cellulite truly be treated, and if so, which option works best?
What’s the Difference Between BodyFX, Laser Treatment and Topical Creams?
Cellulite is the manifestation of fat deposits that make their way up through the connective tissue, creating a lumpy, bumpy appearance of the skin. Cellulite can be mild, moderate or severe. Depending on the degree of cellulite, some treatment pathways may work better than others. Severe cellulite, for example, may not respond well to topical-cream solutions. In this scenario, a BodyFX procedure can be a more effective treatment in producing desired results.
Let’s take a look at three common cellulite treatment options:
- BodyFX Cellulite Treatment
- BodyFX is an innovative and sought-after treatment that utilizes Radiofrequency Assisted Lipolysis (RFAL) to not only address cellulite, but to also help shape and contour areas of the body, including the back, thighs, buttocks, hips, love handles, abdomen and arms. BodyFX is steadily becoming a favorite option for reducing cellulite, and understandably so; it’s noninvasive, safe and produces immediate, visible results. Full treatment cycles can take several sessions performed weekly for 6-8 weeks.
- Laser Treatment for Cellulite
- There are various laser treatments on the market that claim to eradicate and diminish cellulite by utilizing laser energy to disperse the problematic fat deposits. While one benefit of laser treatments is the thickening of skin to help reduce the appearance of cellulite, the results typically only last for around a year or so. Compared with other treatments, it is not clear what the true, lasting benefits of laser cellulite treatment are.
- Topical Creams to Reduce Cellulite
- Although treatments such as BodyFX are minimally invasive and do not require any downtime, it’s not uncommon for individuals with cellulite to seek even less invasive options, such as topical creams. These creams, lotions and serums certainly vary in cost—they can range in price from $20 to upwards of hundreds of dollars—and make an assortment of claims as to what they will do to improve the appearance of cellulite.
While topical creams, such as the Body Tightening Concentrate we carry in the Chadwell SkinCare Spa, will help firm the skin, BodyFX is more likely to yield highly visible, long-lasting results.
Advanced Body-Shaping Approaches You’re Sure to Love
At Chadwell Facial Plastic Surgery, Dr. Jon Chadwell extends his facial plastic surgery expertise to encompass the most advanced approaches to treating cellulite. Patients love the results that materialize from just a few sessions of BodyFX.
If you’d like to schedule a consultation or view BodyFX before and after images, contact us anytime at (574) 280-4818.
Successful facial plastic surgery is ultimately achieved through good rapport with our patients.
Refining your face is a dramatic personal decision. As you explore your options, know that the staff at Chadwell Facial Plastic Surgery will guide you through your decision-making process. To us, the cosmetic process is more than just “surgery”. Each patient has different shapes, features, contours, and personal goals. We consider shadowing, proportion, depth, and perspective to combine medicine with artistry and ultimately achieve your new look.
Connect Socially With Us